Allan Manley (PEI)
- Want to run first full marathon
- Have only been in two organized runs: 5k (June 2010) and 1/2 marathon (May 2006)
- Would like to do the full marathon in 4 hours
- Lose weight and stay in shape
- Turn running into something enjoyable
- Run a 5k and 10k within the next year
Amy Matthews (Alberta)
- Maintain ability to zone out while running—listen to music and let mind wander—appreciating alone time and no demands of attention.
- Continue to reach new goals and seeing the results of hard work in body and mind.
- Ran a half-marathon shortly before i got pregnant; would like to run more post-pregnancy to get into shape.
- Ultimate goal: to run a full marathon, but with a 5 year old and a new baby on the way, it might take 2 years to get back into shape and find the time to prepare for it (but it will be done!).
Christine Gordon Manley (PEI)
- Started running after 10 yr break in February 2010
- Ran her first 5K race in 30:30 (June 2010)
- Would like to improve her 5K time and work toward 10K
- Run a healthy and fit third marathon (no injuries allowed!)—scheduled for October 2010
- Use barefoot running as a way to improve stride
- Religiously do one speed run a week, and actually keep up the pace on tempo runs
- New to the running scene
- Using running as a weight loss tool
- Attempting to run 10k by October of 2010
- Long term goal of completing a 1/2 marathon within the next few years
Michael Steeleworthy (Nova Scotia)
- Continue to run as a means to stay fit physically and psychologically.
- Continue to run for pleasure & to find zen
Nick Farquharson (PEI)
- Started running last summer (sporadically); been consistently running about 3 to 4 times a week since May 2010
- First race: Dairy Queen/Source for Sports 10K (52 minutes)
- Best time in a race: 23:09 in the Deltaware 5K
- Longest run to date: 16 k
- Would like to complete a half marathon (October 2010)
- Would like to decrease running time (especially on 5k and 10k runs)
- Is also running to get in shape/tone up a bit
- Started running in 2009
- Ran first 5K race in June 2009 (24.27)
- Ran first 10K race in October 2009 (52:27)
- Has taken some time off between races due to injuries/life
- Training for the PEI Marathon 10K run in October 2010.
- Return to pre-twins fitness level (she does not count running around after naked toddlers as part of her endurance exercise goals, even though it does take a lot of patience)
- Run 10k three time/week
- Begin to plan for first triathalon training
- running as a medium for mindfulness practice
- maintaining a love for being barefoot
- training to run the 10k of the PEI Marathon barefoot this year (October 2010)